How to become a Fairtrade Workplace
Follow these steps to become a FAIRTRADE workplace:
- Step 1 – Find out what kind of coffee (and tea, sugar, hot chocolate and treats) is being purchased by your employer and check to see if they are Fairtrade certified products. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re unsure if the product is Fairtrade or not.
- Step 2 – Find out who is in charge of ordering these items in your office.
- Step 3 – Use our product finder to source Fairtrade alternative options for your coffee and two other products (tea, sugar, hot chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Step 4 – Once you have committed to sourcing only Fairtrade coffee and 2 other products and have started using them exclusively in your office, send in your application form and email your completed form to email@example.com
- Step 5 – Upon successful application, your office will receive a Fairtrade Workplace Award pack.
What Fairtrade products can we use
Your office must commit to using a Fairtrade coffee for all workplace activities (canteen, in meeting rooms, when hosting events) and at least 2 other Fairtrade products.
Check out our products page and see all the brands supplying many Fairtrade products in Ireland.
Keep in mind that while some companies like Bewley’s source 100% Fairtrade coffee, many source both Fairtrade and non-Fairtrade items so be sure to look for the Fairtrade logo on the product itself. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about whether a product is Fairtrade or not.
What does it mean to become a Fairtrade workplace?
- Being a Fairtrade Workplace makes consuming ethical products easy
- Being a Fairtrade Workplace means supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Being a Fairtrade Workplace means making a statement about your company’s ethical values
- Being a Fairtrade Workplace means being on our list of top ethical employers in Ireland
Download the Application HERE