Part-Time Communities Outreach Worker
Fairtrade Ireland – Part-Time Communities Outreach Worker – 4 days a week. Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Dublin, with regular travel and some working from home by agreement
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Fairtrade Ireland works to promote fair trading practices between Ireland and developing countries. It is a founder member of Fairtrade International.
Fairtrade Ireland is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation established in 1992 and our main activities include: Fairtrade business development and education and advocacy to raise public awareness of Fairtrade in Ireland.
The purpose of the job is support, and further build the various community-based Fairtrade supporter projects in Ireland, and to create new digital supporter communities, example climate, young adults. These projects include Fairtrade Communities, Fairtrade Colleges, Fairtrade Schools, Fairtrade Fortnight, and others.
Network building with relevant NGOs, umbrella bodies and with relevant coalitions is a key part of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and further developing the community-based projects like Fairtrade Communities, Fairtrade Colleges, Fairtrade Fortnight. Fairtrade Schools
- Developing new digital supporter campaigns and communities
- Networking with other relevant umbrella bodies and organisations
- Supporting community-based volunteers
- Organising workshops nationally and regionally as required
- Developing and maintain databases and communication with supporters
- The successful candidate will liaise with a small number of colleagues to ensure the communities outreach work is both aligned with and supporting the organisations objectives and strategies.
- Some office administration tasks required
And any other duties as required by the manager.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Adaptive and flexible in handling multiple priorities
- Quick learner with a focus on achieving measurable outcomes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication with multiple stakeholder groups and influencing skills
- Highly organised and detailed project management skills incl Office suite, databases salesforce
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Openness, passion and sectoral expertise
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant third level degree qualification desirable
- Minimum of 2 years specific job-related knowledge and experience
- Proven track record in communities development support work
- Good relationships with the voluntary and NGO sectors.
- Experience of volunteer team building, project management, leadership roles, digital database management and campaigning work.
- Good administration skills
- Understanding of Fairtrade issues including development and trade.
- A proven passion for social and environmental justice
- Regular travel requirements
- Full driving license with access to a vehicle
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Availability to work flexible hours
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Peter Gaynor at Peter@fairtrade.ie by 5pm on Friday 16th September.
Please mention “Communities Outreach Worker” in the email subject and include your full name in the file names.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear back from us, unfortunately your application has not been selected.
Fairtrade Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.